1. Rhubarb and Pear Crumble (Serves 6)
4 pears peeled, cored and diced
2 cups rhubarb (4 stalks), diced
2 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 cups natural muesli
1/2 cups plain flour
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons margarine
1. Preheat oven to 180 C.
2. Place pear, rhubarb, sugar and water into a saucepan. Cover and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or till tender. Spoon fruit mix into a 6-cup capacity ovenproof dish.
3. Combine honey and margarine in a small bown and microwave for 20 seconds on High. Mix muesli and flour and stir in honey mixture. Spoon over fruit and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until golden. Serve warm with low-fat natural yougurt or custard.
Substitute apples or nashi fruit for pears.
2. Melon and Kiwi Fruit Parfait (Serves 4)
- 1 cup rockmelon, chopped
- 3 kiwi fruit, peeled and cut into wedges
- 400 g low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 4 tablespoons toasted muesli
Layer fruit, yogurt and muesli in 4 tall glasses.
Try making with fresh fruit in season.